Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mother/Daughter Quilting!

 I can remember numerous times my own mother patiently spent time filling  me and my daughters requests to learn to knit...all with great failure I have to say. And I guarantee you this was not due to my mom's expertise, but rather our own abilities. My endless challenge being  I ALWAYS pull too tight! 

Yet, here I am, about to begin filing my own daughter's request to learn to sew and make a quilt. Visions of late night sews are bouncing in my head like it's Christmas eve!! How fun it will be to have a sewing buddy during her last few weeks before returning to college. We are making a pinwheel quilt from these fat quarters to match this adorable picnic basket she found:
Let the cutting begin!! 
With smiles!
Val:)

Welcome if you are visiting from:
 

8 comments:

  1. Love the colours. Love the basket. Love the mother and daughter act :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that will make a really pretty picnic quilt and will go with the basket beautifully, Val!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fun! Enjoy your stitching.
    ( tried to reply to your comment but you came up as no reply)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have a sewing buddy in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that colour combination, will be back to see how you get on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors and you will have so much fun quilting together! My mom taught me to crochet but I always crocheted much tighter than her and we couldn't work on the same project. Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val- I wanted to pop over and thank you for your kind comment on my wonky cross quilt. and to let you know that you're showing up as a no-reply blogger today! I really hate that blogger reverts to no-reply status every once in a while!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. I got the no-reply reversed. If this happens to anyone else...check out a tutorial included in my "blogging" label.

      Delete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...