Monday, September 30, 2013

Rainy Weekend=FUN Sewing!

Remember how full these were: Scrap Storage
This weekend I emptied them!

And I took all those strips and am playing, creating these: 
 I'm being inspired by Victoria Findlay Wolfes book: 15 Minutes of Play. 
And I think the "playing" has just begun! (smiles!)

I also took some fat quarters from my stash
(Some of the blues were from my September Happy Mail)
and made this oversized log cabin that will have a
flannel sock monkey backing and become a baby quilt:
 
Unfortunately, reality is knocking on my door and today is Monday,
which means back to work.
It's still raining and I want to keep sewing...


16 comments:

  1. Empty!! What a great feeling and your blocks are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE rainy sewing days! love your beautiful scrap creations!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers. I can't believe you emptied those buckets in a weekend. You must have really been going flat out. I love the result, those hexies are so bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hexis! They are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and fun! Love what you did with your scraps! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea those buckets with scraps! I love your hexies. So colorful! I know what you mean with sewing on rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both projects but especially those delightful hexies! Have a good week at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those scrappy hexies inspired by VFW are grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those scrappy, strippy hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love the scrappy hexies! So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thanks for all the support guys! It felt really gooooooddddd to empty those buckets of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with those scrappy hexies. Makes me want to start sorting scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hexies are soooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...