Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Peek at This Week's Upcoming Finishes

 First, this is the back of a wool sampler I started this summer. I quilted it today and will finish the binding tonight as I watch The Amazing Race. I can't wait to post and share it finished with you tomorrow.(done!)

Next, this weekend I dropped quilt tops off for Project Linus and came home with an even bigger stack! (I love it!) This set of quilt tops will offer new long arming challenges for me, of which I'm ready for and looking forward to. (I've already begun sketching some new quilting ideas for the quilt top you can partially see on the top of the stack.) It will be a lot of fun.

So...since it's been been over a month since I've quilted, I had one strip top from Project Linus left and felt that would be a good warm up/refresher quilt for me to find my "rhythm" again. It's on the frame and I'll start sketching some quilting ideas tonight and get started on it tomorrow after work. (done!)

And finally, For The Boys Blog Hop begins this week
 and my "blog hop day is Friday"...
I'm doing this!
So I busily sewed today and finished "twisting" my flannels and completed the quilt top. I hope to have it on the quilt frame by Tuesday.(done!)
Please do stop by Friday to see it finished!!
Whew! In reflection, that's a pretty big "finish" list, but I'm ready. The days are getting darker earlier. My lawn/yard chores are nearing an end till Spring and I'm able to get  "in" my afternoon walk right after work. So my evenings will find me in the studio much earlier...looking forward to a productive week!
With smiles,
Val:)

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to Friday. Your twisted flannels sure are the perfect fall colours. Glad to hear you will be back to quilting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was by Project Linus briefly on Saturday as I had numerous commitments that day. I looked around for you & was disappointed you weren't there. I had so looked forward to (& will continue to do so) seeing & visiting with you again. I feel as if we're kindred spirits. Love all the sewing/quilting your doing & accomplishing. Victoria
    PS Looking at the stack of Linus quilts, I recognize a lot of the fabrics & wonder if one of those tops is mine that you'll be quilting. Couldn't think of a better place for it to go & receive tender loving care in the process to completion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, you come up as a no reply blogger when you comment and we never exchanged emails....so email me directly so we can catch up! Val:)

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...