Friday, December 18, 2015

"Let It Snow" Embroidery

Aren't these the cutest embroidered snowmen!!
I can't take ANY credit for them....but I can be appreciative of a sister who has such a steady hand.
This sweatshirt is a blast from the past,as I think she made these in the early 90's.
(I think the fashion then was to wear them with leggings. as it's a roomy XL sweatshirt.) 
She made one for my mom, me and herself.

It continues to be my favorite holiday sweatshirt even this many years later.
Do you have an ol' favorite that never seems to get old?
And it's "karma" still seems to work, as the day after I wore it to school, we got 6 inches of snow!
I gave the kids an extra long recess as I always enjoy watching them play together. (Annnddd it is their last day of school before Winter Break.) Oh! And mine too!!! 
"Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"
Val's Quilting Studio

11 comments:

  1. Such sweet snowmen !
    I can remember embroidering many sweaters for my girls.
    I saved them all, but really, who is going to wear them decades later !!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embroidered snowmen is very cute. Glad to see kids playing in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to have a sister that takes the time to make things like that for you. I am sure it will remain a favourite for a few years yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Your sister must feel great to know you still wear it. I have two t-shirts that are 30 years old :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great Xmas sweater, plenty of snow you have had, here in the UK it is very mild, in fact some days seem warmer than the summer we had, fingers crossed it stays mild

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sweatshirt to treasure Val. Enjoy your break. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute, yes I have a ratty favorite too. It is a sweatshirt with an NC mountain scene. Is Jackson enjoying the snow?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything made special for you is a treasure. I don't have any particular thing I wear each holiday I like to mix it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun sweatshirt. The kids do look like they are having fun. It will be in the 60s here for Christmas, so it probably won't be a white one. Enjoy your holiday break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snow! That's a gret way to start the Christmas holidays!
    We're at 12C right now! Quite a mild wind, Yesterday, around 8 pm it felt like a cool Summers evening outside!
    Great winter sweatshirt!
    Enjoy your school break!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snow! That's a gret way to start the Christmas holidays!
    We're at 12C right now! Quite a mild wind, Yesterday, around 8 pm it felt like a cool Summers evening outside!
    Great winter sweatshirt!
    Enjoy your school break!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...